4/20/08

The adventures of Miss M

[ P.S I am one of those people who are very self conscious or maybe off late I have grown into one.
Everything I say or do has to totally make sense. Be correct]


Andheri station. 7.30 in the evening. People rushing past. One has to see it to believe it. Scores of people. As if the war is over and men are returning home. Just with busy and gloomy faces instead of the happy ones. Me returning from work as well. Dazzled and confused by the over whelming traffic. Wont let it show. Have to look smart and an experienced traveller. Otherwise it’s a cue for the pick pockets. Train’s coming. The lady announces. People go ballistic and scurry past faster. There’ll be another train in less than 5 mins. People go ballistic neways… scurry past faster neways. I don’t . The reason being obvious. I am intelligent. However, I had to show that even I am chasing the train. So I run like I am being chased. What happens next?.. well… I trip and fall… people around me…come to a stand still… “laga to nahi beta…” “are you okay?”… my ears turn red. As they always do whenever I am embarrassed. I get up slowly with some help and avoiding any eye contact. Realise that I have torn my sandals. No one in this world can talk me out of wearing heels. I just wont give up on them. My ears red. My face red. Unable to control myself I break into giggles. My fellow on lookers start laughing as well. Suddenly the gloom from our faces is gone. The exhaustion is gone. I return home with my torn slippers in my hand. Bare feet. Made many acquaintances. I accidentally bump into them once in a while.


[P.S The people who know me… know that there are very few occasions when I do things right. And that I make the sweetest clueless faces when I goof up. Whenever I goof up]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have made acquanintances over torn shoes too...

Harshit Gupta said...

on the contrary, it's interesting. :) actually, reminds me of Helen Fielding in some way...

reema said...

@inihos: dats probably the best way of doing it

@harshit gupta:well didnt intend to make it a brigit jones....i had a different point to make.

Minakshi said...

hehe...
you clumsy felli :P

Anonymous said...

you have been tagged!!!