10/30/08

“I am counting my breath, in numbers one to hundred”
You said.
Today a thing happened. Nishi Nath died. Which my mother corrects “ Say Nishi Nath passed away”
His body was a pack of bones, his face looked like a woman’s. No hair left anywhere. Death looked painful and scary.

“Each time we do something sinful, an hour or so is lessened from our lives” and you believed in it so much.
On new year’s eve ten years ago, at Pom’s terrace as we kissed and we were twelve
In that moment of silence so awkward, you said the exact thing.
“I am counting my breath, in numbers one to hundred”
And I didn’t know what to make of it.

As I saw Nishi Nath dead today. As death looked painful and scary.
I finally got it. And I smiled.

6 comments:

claytonia vices said...

Did you paint that painting that forms the background for your blog title? It is beautiful and thought provoking at the same time...

reema said...

no..its by my frnd Mani...

Akash Verma said...

Death can make so many things clearer...thats the weird thing about it. The transition itself doesnt seem to hit one as hard as the limp and pale after effect! The everlasting smile...its odd to not see it there. The first time i saw someone i loved pass away...it didnt hit me till the bod began to burn on the pyre...but then it felt like someone had grabbed me and shook me so hard tat my heart started beating faster.

Its weird...no matter how much u think you have grown up...u havnt until u see someone dead! i dont know wat tat means...but i had tat feeling

little boxes said...

death at times can be the most pleasant thing...
death sometimes is all you wish for.
i love this post and the new header...
u remind me of this time when i said "o morey geche"...and ma corrected me and said,"o mara geche"

reema said...

@akash: i knew u wud hav a theory.
@lil boxes: yea...neva really corrected dat habit though!

Akash Verma said...

....i always do...don't u? lol